How often do you look at yourself in the mirror and wished you were thinner—at least you wouldn’t have to deal with cellulite!
Here’s the thing; Cellulite doesn’t discriminate. Here are some facts.
- Cellulite is also known as orange-peel skin, cottage cheese and other non-glamorous names due to its texture
- More women than men experience cellulite.
- Treatments are available for cellulite removal but effect is mostly temporary
- An active lifestyle, low fat diet and smoking cessation might help in reducing cellulite
Cellulite is ugly. Rolls of fat on the tummy or back paint an unflattering picture for most UK women, yet nothing can be done about its removal. Cellulite is hereditary! However, there is good news… you can improve the appearance of it.
Cellulite – What Is It Exactly?
It can be safely called a condition, seeing how cellulite affects around 90% of women and 10% of men. High number of cases usually comes from industrial nations, where working on an active lifestyle and healthy diet is difficult.
Women start seeing appearance of cellulite from the age of 25 to 35. It usually occurs when a woman nears menopause, exactly when estrogen levels begin decreasing. What happens then?
Estrogen has an impact on the blood vessels – low levels cause loss of receptors in blood vessels and thighs. This change signals decreased circulation.
Dangers of Decreased Blood Circulation
A lot of harm is done to a woman’s body when estrogen levels drop due to menopause. With decrease in circulation, less oxygen and nutrition is received by that area.
Collagen production becomes low for that area as well. At the same time, fatty cells start increasing in size and protrude through collagen. This bumpy fat is known as cellulite.
Women usually get cellulite around:
This is because women have 3 layers of fat in these areas. Women also have 3 levels of fat in the triceps and stomach area.
Cellulite Removal – What Works and What Doesn’t
Besides feeling hesitant in wearing a bikini or a back baring dress in public, having cellulite doesn’t pose any danger. It’s a good idea to keep the following in mind:
Cellulite Treatment Don’ts
- Don’t choose topical cellulite treatments. Results never last long
- Don’t drink carbonated drinks as they cause dehydration. Main cause of cellulite is insufficient water intake
- Don’t think surgery is the ONLY option. It isn’t, especially when there are so many non-surgical cellulite treatments that offer better results.
3D Dermology – Cosmetic Non-Invasive Treatment for Cellulite Removal
Offered in many treatment clinics across the UK, 3D Dermology can be effective in removing your unflattering and confidence stealing cellulite. The treatment utilises vacuum and skin rolling technology to target cellulite.
Pulsing compression waves emitting from the machine breaks down pockets of fat cells in your body.
Find certified cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist at Simply Clinic and make your body, beach ready!Back